Support from families and caregivers is an important part of students’ school experience. Students who have adults involved in their education are more likely to do well in school.
I am excited that this program introduces college to students so young. It is great that you have them think about what they want to do with their adult lives and how to begin to achieve that.
Support for Success in School
Opportunities to help your student succeed in school go beyond volunteering in the classroom. Helping with homework, talking with teachers, and discussing your student’s education goals are hugely important. You can also take advantage of GEAR UP resources to help your student get the most from school.
- Translation services to help in understanding school materials and requirements.
- One-to-one advising and academic support.
- Family/community nights.
- “Watch with Us Wednesdays” with videos exploring timely topics.
- A Family Advisory Board that reviews GEAR UP events and initiatives, community opportunities, and family-identified issues.
College and Career Readiness
The New Hampshire GEAR UP Alliance is here to help you prepare your student for what comes after high school. GEAR UP offers families and caregivers:
- Information sessions on college, career, and enlistment options.
- Guidance on college preparation.
- Help in coordinating campus tours.
- Advice and resources on financial aid and scholarships.
- Office hours to discuss individual needs.
For more information to help explore your student’s path, see our resources for families. You can also contact our Family and Community Outreach Specialist using the contact form here.
Explore our resources