GEAR UP New Hampshire
GEAR UP stays with students as they progress through school. Current GEAR UP New Hampshire students, who encompass the classes of 2022 and 2023, have been part of GEAR UP since grade 6.
- Tutoring, mentoring, and a host of tools and resources to help students achieve academically.
- Programs to guide students in exploring post-graduation options in education, employment, and enlistment. These include college tours, career and recruitment fairs, webinars, and our seminal Navigate Book .
- Programming to support graduating seniors heading to college, including college planning, summer skills training, for-credit classes, and more.
- Student leadership opportunities such as participating in advisory or leadership boards.
- Professional development and support for schools and districts, including regional conferences, in-school training, and instructional materials.
- Family services such as translation, information sessions, one-on-one advising, and community events.
- Access to scholarships and help finding financial aid to put college in reach for students from underrepresented backgrounds.
GEAR UP New Hampshire Scholarship
- Have earned a high school diploma or state-recognized equivalent.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a New Hampshire college or university.
- Be eligible for federal student aid and have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The estimated average total scholarship award will be up to $7,000 per student. The amount may vary from year to year depending on the number of applicants, availability of funds, and changes in federal or state regulations.
Plymouth State’s “On the Move” Scholarship
Plymouth State University has partnered with the New Hampshire GEAR UP Alliance to provide scholarships to incoming students. Plymouth State’s “On the Move” scholarships are the first institution-based scholarships created exclusively for GEAR UP. They are open to all of our cohort students at GEAR UP New Hampshire and GEAR UP Manchester partnering schools.
This new scholarship is designed to make a great college education more affordable for our students. On the Move scholarships will provide $2,000 a year, or $8,000 total, toward tuition at Plymouth State. Any GEAR UP student who applies to and enrolls at Plymouth State in 2022 through 2025 is eligible. On the Move funds are in addition to those from the GEAR UP New Hampshire Scholarship.