- National Council for Community and Education Partnerships
- The U.S. Department of Education
- K–12 schools, school districts, teachers, and administrators
- College and university professionals
- State legislators
- Business partners and sponsors
- GEAR UP grant programs across the country
Our resources are designed to help students explore the three E’s of what comes after high school: education, employment, or enlistment.
Expanding College Access
We engage schools, districts, community organizations, and volunteers to help students advance through school to college and careers.
- Provide opportunities for underrepresented students to develop skills that are critical for accessing college.
- Design an academic model that aligns K–12 with college course content to increase college enrollment and preparedness.
- Build an academic bridge between high schools, colleges, and businesses to prepare students for success in school and the workforce.
- Create a college-going culture that lets every student embrace the idea that college is possible.
- Develop and sustain a commitment from businesses, high schools, colleges, and parents to make New Hampshire students college ready.
- Provide scholarships and support in accessing financial aid to help students and families from underserved areas pay for college.
This work serves two objectives: 1) Increase opportunities for New Hampshire’s underrepresented students to access college, and 2) Create pathways for these students to stay in school and ease transitions to post-secondary education.
Building Skills for Success
The New Hampshire GEAR UP Alliance provides training and support in school and through summer, evening, and other programs. The guiding framework for these programs includes both academic and non-academic skill building:
Offering a rigorous curriculum with the appropriate mix of content areas, critical thinking, and writing skills.
Counseling students to research and apply to schools that are a good match for them academically, socially, and financially.
Supporting students in developing critical social and emotional skills to allow them to persist in the face of obstacles.
Providing students and families with tools to be active participants in finding financial aid and scholarship resources.
Helping Students Prepare for College & Careers
Key areas of focus include:
- Academic support: Bootcamps, tutoring, homework help, promotion of New Hampshire Scholars academic standards, advisory lessons, GEAR UP for Success and other summer programs.
- College preparation: One-on-one advising, financial aid support, scholarship promotion, campus tours and panels, college checklists and other resources.
- Career preparation: Career exploration and planning, academic preparation, exploration of career and technical education (CTE) and military service pathways.
- 21st century skill building: Leadership development, organizational skills, Student Leadership Board, internships, expanded learning opportunities, educational field trips.
- Social/emotional development: Mentoring, creating a sense of belonging, cultivating a college-going culture, fostering cooperation, providing a safe space for all students.
Explore our resources